John Graham (Dr) GOW
John was born at Edinburgh, Scotland.
He married Maysie Collie (born at Dunedin in 1887) in Wellington in 1913.
John was a Captain in the NZ Medical Corp in WW1, and was awarded the Military Cross (MC) & OBE (Military).
At one point he was President of the Levin RSA.
John & Maysie (who was also a medical doctor) had two sons & two daughters.
One son, James served in the RNAF in WW2 & was awarded the DFC.
After training as a medical student in Dunedin John & Maysie came to Levin in 1920 to practice at Durham St.
They built, in 1922, what is now known as Thompson House.
They were divorced in 1954 (after 7 years separation). John had moved to Tapui to practice whilst Maysie moved to Wellington & then back to Levin.by 1946. She lived in Bartholomew Rd & at 57 Chester St. All but one of her children remained in Levin.
John was the 2nd President of the Levin RSA from 1921 - 1923.